Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dad's project

Yes, that is Dominick on his John Deer tractor, with a SKI LIFT BATTERY in it. The tractor died, and I tried to remedy it by buying a new battery for it (a normal sized battery mind you). Of course that didn't work (it never does when I try to fix it). So this past weekend, Paul needed something to do. He souped up the tractor, and boy, can that thing fly now. Dominick loves it! He is actually doing a donut in this picture.

Dominick went yesterday to get his summer "buzz". I think the barber was mad at me for something...Dom has no hair left! But he loves it. He is already swimming up a storm at Grandma Bonnie's. They (Dom and Gabby) go every day now. And today, he swam in our pond for the first time, without any swimmies or a life jacket. He was so determined to swim alone today, and of course I didn't want to get in the pond, so we got on the raft and he got in the water and I hung onto his underwear and he kicked all around. He was able to swim by himself for a few seconds, but I was more scared than he was, so we had to stop. Gabby enjoyed paddling around on the raft with her stick. She's very content doing her own thing, looking for toads and frogs, smelling and picking flowers, swinging on the swingset. She's definitely an independent girl.






2 comments:

Kristin Sheller said...

"Hey, is that a bug kid?"

Just kidding...I love summer cuts!

Anonymous said...

Bug kids.... ha ha ha! I haven't thought of them in YEARS! Someone should write a book and include all those weird things- like bug kids, falling pianos and the Warlords of Pigs and Snakes.....