Friday, June 20, 2008

ABC's of the past few weeks

A=ACCIDENTS: Many of you are aware of my dad's car accident. He is on the mend and actually got out of the house today for a doctor's appointment and a golf tournament. He didn't play in the golf tournament, but he wanted to get us 'novice' golfers started. He also had his stitches taken out of his knee. And now they tell him his ankle is broken. After almost 2 weeks. We haven't been too happy about the care he recieved at Strong. How do you send someone home with a broken ankle and not tell them?

B=BEANS: My beans are starting to grow in my small garden. Hopefully next year I'll get a bigger one going. That's my goal anyway.

C=CHICKENS: We have 4 new chicks. They are from school. Trouble, Dragon, Amigo, and Sunny. They're adjusting nicely to the big coop.

D=DANCING: Gabby's 1st dance recital was a few weeks ago. She danced to "Good Ship Lollipop". It was very cute.


E=EATING: It might be impossible to eat anymore with the way prices are now. Milk is over $3 a gallon. I wish I had planted more beans.

F=FIRST grade: Dominick visited the first grade classrooms the other day. He's very excited about going into first grade and learning to read. I told him that he already knows how to read, but he said "no, I'll learn in first grade Mommy".

G=GAS: The price of gas here is $4.25. Ridiculous!

H=HEAT: Maggie is in heat. I won't say anymore (except that she has to wear pull-ups).


I=INJURIES: Being outside has created a few injuries so far. Nothing major. Dominick bruised up his knee pretty good when he was playing on the playhouse that had fallen over and his leg got stuck in a wooden slat. I had to get a hammer and pound him out of it.

J=JUNE and JULY: The kids are excited to spend these months swimming and having sleepovers with their cousins. My parents pool should be finished before the end of July.

K=KINDERGARTEN screening: Gabby had her screening on June 9th. She was nervous at first but she did fine. She's very excited to start school in September.

L=LAST week of school: We are coming into the home stretch. The last day is Wednesday for Dom. I have to stay until Thursday.

M=MOTORCYCLE RIDES: Dominick had his first ride with Daddy last week. They didn't go fast, and they only went to the end of the road and back. But he had fun.

N=NASTY kids: The kids have been especially nasty lately, talking back, testing us, picking on each other. They are ready for a change.

O=OUTSIDE: We've been spending a lot of time outside lately. Between the trampoline, Grandma and Papa's scooter and go-cart, and our sporting events, we're outside almost all the time.

P=PARTY: Gabby has been invited to her friends birthday party. It's a luau and Gabby's already got her outfit picked out. She's all about being in style and making sure things "look good".

Q=QUIET week for Paul: He didn't have much work this past week, which was strange for him. But it looks like next week is pretty full, and he has many other jobs he has bid on. So hopefully he'll stay busy all summer.

R=RAIN: It's actually been raining here for the past few days. We need it desperately, but it's been cold too. Hopefully it will warm up again soon.

S=SOCCER: The kids started soccer a few weeks ago. They both are enjoying it. Ethan plays with them.

T=TBALL: One more game left. Of course, t-ball and soccer are all on the same night. So last week we did and hour of t-ball and then an hour of soccer. My basketball starts in July, on the same night as soccer. Figures.

U=UNDERWEAR: Maggie has been making it an almost daily occurrance to eat people's underwear and socks. It's completely disgusting, and it's not like she tears them apart first. She swallows them whole, and then throws them up 2 days later. GROSS!!!!

V=VACATION: Dom asked me where we were going for summer vacation. I told him home. He wasn't happy with that answer. He thought we were going somewhere, like Myrtle Beach or the Adirondacks. It might be a very long summer.

W=WILLS: Paul and I finally got our wills taken care of. Oh, and BTW, Sarah and Justin, you'll have the kids if we die together, and Clay, you'll be in charge of our money. Have fun!

X=XERCISE: Ok, so I stretched that one a little, but X is hard. Maggie and I have been walking almost every day. She doesn't like cows, horses, or snapping turtles. She always picks something up from the side of the road, like garbage, sticks, or frogs. And loud trucks scare her to death. She's a big baby.

Y=YUCK: Refer to U for this one. That's the only way to describe it.

Z=ZOO: Dom went to the zoo with his class. Daddy was a chaperone and got to experience the zoo in 95 degree weather. He was only in charge of 2 kids; his own and a friend. Everyone was exhausted when they returned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Dom he can come vacation at my house. We'd be glad to have him!!

Sarah said...

Great format for getting a lot of info out there without having to write so much!! Cute pictures too- I didn't know Dom went for a motorcycle ride. Was he nervous?