We've had a very busy few weeks around here. Grandma and Papa had the lake house for a while, and the Wollweber's and Fisher/Sheller's were up visiting. The weather was great and the kids did a lot of swimming. Even Ethan! He finally got in the water, and then it was hard getting him out. He was probably like, holy cow, this is awesome. Way to go Ethan! Paul and I got into a huge fight with a poison ivy vine. We are covered in it, and have been for over a week. We can't stop itching, and I'm about to lose it. Luckily the kids didn't get it. Pa came to visit for the weekend. It was a short visit, but we all had fun. Paul took us all out on Papa's boat Saturday afternoon, and the kids swam in the middle of the lake. We went to dinner at the Lumberyard, and had ice cream. Pa brought some great gifts for the kids. Thanks Pa! Here is the annual Pa picture. I'm hoping to find the others from the other years. It's fun to see how much we've changed.
Gabby wouldn't get in the first picture. Little stinker.
Well, I'm off on a little vacation of my own this weekend. My friend Heather's birthday is coming up and her husband wanted to give her a girl's weekend away to Toronto. So, he asked if I would be able to make it, and of course I jumped at the chance. A whole weekend away to myself? We are very excited. We don't have many plans actually. Just go up and hang out on the beach if it's nice or go shopping. And then I think the kids and I are off to NYC to visit the Wollweber's, and deliver Buddy to them. They left their dog at my parents while they are in the Adirondacks, so instead of them coming back this way to get him, I said we would travel down state to see them. The kids had a ball the last time we went there, so they are looking forward to it again. I love not working in the summer. Hope you're all having a great summer!



No comments:
Post a Comment