Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

This year, Halloween was not as drawn out as years past. There was only one pre-Halloween event, and that was a party Gabby attended last Sunday. We didn't have her real costume finished yet, so we quickly put together this vampire costume. I thought it looked great, but she didn't want to be a vampire for "real" Halloween. So instead we were a pretty bride for school.Dominick was Jack the Pumpkin King.


After school, Gabby transformed into a dead bride. I'm not sure what she thought a dead bride would look like, but when I was finished putting her makeup on, and teasing her hair, she looked at herself and cried. Seriously, she cried hard enough that I had to redo some of her makeup. I don't think she liked her hair all messed up. I thought she looked great (for a dead person anyway). We headed off to Trunk-or-Treat in West Bloomfield. Our church and the Ionia church put on this event for the kids. We had a great turnout. The weather was amazing too. The kids enjoyed getting candy from people's trunks, playing pumpkin bowling and other games. Then we were off for more candy (like they needed it) in Bloomfield. We walked up and down main street and the kids were pooped by the time we made it back to the car. I figured they would be asleep by now, but no. Maybe they'll sleep in tomorrow morning. So here are some more pictures from our evening. I hope you all had a great Halloween!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Megan, is that your real veil?