Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kids

I'm sitting here tonight thinking what a blessing kids are. Mine are now fast asleep, tucked under the covers, dreaming away. Just a few hours ago they were playing outside, yelling and screaming at each other one minute, then playing "house" the next. They are healthy and happy. I find myself getting so irritated by their screams and often tell them to "just stop talking!" But I guess I really don't want that, do I? Tonight, my friend lost her little girl. She won't ever hear her voice, her screams, her cries, her laughter, her snores. I get to go into Dominick's room tonight and get his tooth that he lost and put some money under his pillow. My friend won't be able to do that with her little girl. I get to watch my kids dress up as dead brides and Jack the Pumpkin King on Friday. My friend won't. So tonight, for my friend, let's go listen to our kids snore. Let's sit at the foot of their beds and watch them sleep. For our kids are going to wake up tomorrow morning...

No comments: