I had to post these pictures of our "barn" cat. We got Hunter at the beginning of July to catch mice in our barn. He was from a cow farm, had many brothers and sisters, but seemed to like us, so we took him home. Paul was not pleased..."We are not getting a cat!" Well, we did. The kids love him. Well, needless to say, on one rainy day, the cat was at the door, meowing like crazy to come in. So we let him. He ate the dog food, poked around the house, and eventually got up on the table and began eating Dom's cereal. So, the cat was outside again. But of course, I am a softy, so the the next rainy day, he was back in. He spent much more time in the house, even slept on Paul's lap in the brown chair. We were out for the day and came home and Gabby let him in again. All of a sudden I hear, "Mommy! Hunter is pooping on your bed!" Oh, that was gross. I was so mad at him, I threw him out the door, almost over the deck. I said he was not allowed in the house again. Well...the pictures are proof that my word doesn't mean much around here. The cat loves to be in the house. Gabby absolutely loves him (though she calls him a her). She picks him up and carries him all over the place. And just today, I got back from the store, went to check on Dominick, and I found the cat in his bed. I guess we have a house cat now.

No comments:
Post a Comment