Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween in Naples

So, here in Naples, they celebrate Halloween whenever they want. Saturday was the night, and it was cold and rainy. But the kids still got to go trick-or-treating, and to the firehall for dognuts and apple cider. We have had our costumes picked out for over a month now, but Dominick decided last weekend he wanted to be a dinosaur, and he borrowed a costume from Ethan. Gabriella was going to be Barbie Elina, with a pretty pink dress and wings, but she freaked out last night because the wings "aren't right!" and she changed into Snow White. They both looked cute afterall. I on the other hand, was not cute. I was UGLY! And all of the kids downtown thought so too. Gabby kept saying "You can wash all that off, right Mommy?" You would think Halloween was over for us, but it's not. The kids each have a party at school on Monday and Tuesday, and then we will probably trick-or-treat in Honeoye in Grandma Bonnie's neighborhood on Halloween. MMMM, candy.

***Edited by me...I do know how to spell DOUGHNUTS, really I do. In our house though we often say dognuts, and it is quite funny now that Sarah has found that website. We'll probably be getting some for Jack.***


Here is that picture of me at school. The things we do for kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they really serve "dognuts" at the fire hall? I'm sorry- I'm being a buthead but that really cracked me up!!! So I googled "dognuts" (I thought- well, maybe I've been spelling it wrong all these years) & this is what came up
http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html
Paul HAS to check it out!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to use your wedding dress again. I loved Gabby's eyes in the picture with Jack.

Grandma Patty

Anonymous said...

Beauty and the Dinosaur -- a famous story of Olde! But I actually am imptressed with the wicked witch. And how did Linda Janczak get invited to the school party??

Papa